When we talk about the terms obstetrics and gynecology, there is a little difference between the two. An obstetrician is a medical practitioner dealing with the areas such as pregnancy, childbirth and the period associated with postpartum. A gynecologist is an expert in treating the diseases or issues encountered by women especially those related to the reproductive organs. Thus, there is just a little difference in both the terms, but today most of the gynecologists are obstetricians too because they not only deal with the reproductive issues of women, but are also fully trained in dealing with the matters of pregnancy and childbirth.
Are you searching for obstetrics & gynecology clinics Mumbai?
If you are looking for obstetrics & gynecology clinics Mumbai then there are many qualified doctors in this field. But a woman would be more comfortable in sharing her problems if the gynecologist is a female because that way it will be easy to discuss the sensitive matters. Despite having so many doctors in this branch, you may not come to know that which is the best female gynecologist in Mumbai. For deciding the best doctor, you should keep in mind certain points-
- Check how much experienced the doctor is and what qualifications are there to her credit.
- See the past records of doctor and what kinds of cases have been handled.
- While searching for the best female gynecologist in Mumbai ask for the opinion of your known persons who have availed such medical treatment in the past. They will be able to guide you in a much better way.
- Check the fees and the cost of treatment before selecting any doctor. The cost of medical care should be within your budget.
- See that the female gynecologist should not be involved in any unethical practices such as doing a caesarean delivery instead of normal delivery to extract money from her patients.
An important point to consider
If you are expecting a baby or dealing with any of the other reproductive problems then Obstetrics & gynecology clinics Mumbai will undoubtedly prove to be of great help. But you should do a proper research before finally choosing a doctor for your treatment, and if you are uncomfortable in any way with your present doctor or are unable to express your concerns freely, then you should search for a physician with whom you can discuss all the sensitive problems that you are facing. If you are not satisfied with the medical services provided by the doctor, then it is highly suggested to go for a second opinion.
Another area which has gone on to attract a lot of attention in recent times, on whom to choose as a gynecologist, in terms of a man or a woman. To be clear, both tend to have their advantages as well. But it is the voice of the patient that matters and most of them are comfortable with the fact that their physical examination is being conducted by a woman. They have been in a similar sort of situations before, and they know how to do a general review of the patient. Being in such situations also helps you to understand what the lady is going through.